Information about Work Contracts
- Contracts are Fixed Term (renewable by mutual consent) and are normally divided into 5 weeks full-time or 8 weeks part-time.
- Working time is divided into half-day sessions of 4 hours: 08h30 – 12h30 and 13h00 – 17h00. Teaching time comprises 3 hours of each session. Administration/marking time comprises 45 minutes per session. There is a break of 15 minutes per session.
- Payment is £44.60 per half-day session & holiday pay of £5.40 per session which totals £50.00 per session.
- Holiday pay is based on 28 days per annum pro rata.
- If a course of tuition includes a Bank Holiday, it is normally taken as a holiday by the hospital staff and therefore does not count as a teaching day. These days are added to the end of the course (for full-time courses), or if possible worked into the remaining weeks (for part-time courses).